Monday, May 2, 2011

How do you feel--ethically & spiritually--about the execution of bin Laden?

I understand the desire and need for justice. I can only begin to imagine the pain and suffering of those who lost people they loved on 9/11. I, too, am relieved that bin Laden will not planning any more harm against anyone. Not entirely naive, I get that sometimes violence happens for a greater good.

Please tell me it is not only me that watched in horror last night, the crowds around the White House in celebration of ? What? Justice for 9/11? The end of a nightmare? This execution as a symbol of  something?

I saw in those crowds similarity to the crowds that celebrated the 9/11 massacre. This morning, when it was reported that Bin Laden was executed on the spot, that there were no plans to take him, my blood ran cold. I find myself feeling much more like Ken who blogged this morning "Mourning the Death of Osama bin Laden." See what you think.  [ http://kens-hot-dogs.blogspot.com/ ]

No comments:

Post a Comment