Friday, September 19, 2014

The Selma Awakening by Mark Morrison-Reed

Anyone reading The Selma Awakening? I'm only a few chapters in but already have a dozen sticky notes on pages--learning a lot and being inspired to think about whether my values are in line with my practices. So far, this is not an indictment of U's and U's as unthinking, uncaring people but people who historically have not always acted on what they profess to believe or value. What do you think?

FYI--I have to profess ignorance about the murder of Viola Liuzzo and perhaps Mark is right that she didn't get the same attention as Rev. James Reeb but I have found out much about her now. If interested, the Jim Crow Museum uploaded a short video about her: The 1965 Murder of Viola Gregg Liuzzo.


No comments:

Post a Comment